The finished product
Assembly & Tweaks
Assembly took place over a couple of weekends as I got my rusty soldering skills back in shape and finally learned how to read circuit diagrams properly. In the end, we fell back to a simplified circuit (that someone had posted in the comments of the Instructable) that turned it from a relatively complex circuit (for my current skill level) to a basic two-switch, one-motor affair. We did have to lobotomize the servo motor so it was free spinning & wired directly to power (basically turning it into a plain old motor”) but I don’t plan on pulling this apart so I wasn’t too worried about it.
It was a fun little project and surprisingly, it never gets old, even a week later I can’t help but flick the switch whenever I walk by it :)